Friday, October 5, 2012

Pulpit freedom Sunday.

I support ‘religious freedom Sunday’! People of faith must be bold.  The British despised what they called ‘the black robed regiment’ and gave the clergy credit for defeating them in the American Revolution. Reliable historic sources record that every right expressed in the Declaration of Independence was voiced from pulpits first.  In this tradition let me state:

1.      I believe that traditional marriage between a man & a woman is not based in government decree but is the foundational building block of society given by nature & nature’s God. It may not be tampered with without severe consequences.
2.    I believe life is sacred. Abortion - from conception to birth - is a holocaust and precursor to infanticide. I vote justice for the unborn & I believe in grace for tragically wounded mothers.

3.    I believe that Biblical truths inspired our Constitution. The USA is unique in the world because of the freedoms found there. We are an international inspiration because of it. I vote for the party that most closely defends the Constitution as its original authors intended it to be understood.

4.   I believe that this world is not my home, that even the best nations have many faults. Jesus said, ‘I will build my church’. Jesus said, 'Go and make disciples of all nations.' The church is built on the bold expression of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ for the sins of the world. The Gospel is the power of God for salvation.  Nations have risen and fallen - even God’s own people Israel. ‘Is it not indeed from the Lord of hosts that nations grow weary for nothing. For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.’ Hab2:13,14 Fill this world with your glory! Come Lord Jesus & rescue us! This world is not my home!

No comments:

Post a Comment