Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer showers!


How is your summer ministry going? Recently we went on vacation.  We traveled 3,000 miles in 2 weeks spending lots of time with family. It was the best vacation ever! (see July 4th blog :) But what I loved most were the little opportunities for prayer that God opened for me.   
In a quiet corner during busy wedding preparations, a surprise tearing up when, after we’d kicked around boyfriend solutions, I offered to pray for my niece.
Several states later, at the church my daughter-in-law serves as secretary, the pastor shows me their ‘wall of pastors’. It represents a fascinating century of God at work in the life of this church, complete with an actual 1711 Bible in the case.  Pastor Ken describes their dynamic faith battle over the years. I ask him - Is it all right if I pray a blessing over your church and your ministry here? We pray that God will protect and increase their ministry. 
Later my son and I are on the back patio of his new home, as Sagittarius rises, talking of God’s faithfulness.  We pray together seeking God’s blessing and wisdom in days to come. We pray for their first child due in November and his mother’s health. We praise God for the glory of the cross and share a moment of worship.  
I pray with my daughter from Michigan thanking God for the job He’s just given her. I pray with the elder setting up communion before church.    
Of course there are other ways to do ministry this summer but remember that you are the long arm of ARC, called to be a blessing in the name of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment