Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The 'We-church' challenge


In our small community prayer group is a man named Jim. Today he came and told us how his business had taken off and that he was moving soon out of state. This was in answer to our prayers with and for him. Then he leaned across the table and said to me, "Remember when you challenged me to stop being a believer who wasn't meaningfully connected to a local church and to invest myself in a church family?" He went on, "Well that week Hebrews 10:25 had already been running through my mind (and he quoted verbatum) ‘Forsake not your own assembling together as is the habit of some.’" He went on, "But I was bartering with God. I told him that after I moved we’d get serious about being involved in a church.  But God responded, ‘No, you need to get involved right now.’  So I did. I researched some churches and the next Sunday I got up and said to my wife - ‘I’m going to church. You coming?’   Guess what?  My wife came and God immediately began blessing my life in ways I couldn’t imagine."  Now he can't wait to engage in a real, living church when they do arrive in North Dakota. 

No comments:

Post a Comment