Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What life has taught me

'I will sing of the lovingkindness of the LORD forever; To all generations I will make known Your faithfulness with my mouth.' Psalm 89:1  Life has taught me to be less self reliant. The less I opine the more ministry I do. I seem to have less answers than I used to. Life has taught me that what I really need is more God and less problem solving. I am driven more and more to simply pray and worship.  Worship is perfect inserted into the middle of a political discussion. After we've expressed all our fears and expounded our favorite themes we must simply express in prayer trust in God's purposes and love! No discussion should be without it.  Prayer is perfect in home group when someone expresses a need or a problem.  This is when home groups often turn into amateur therapeutic sessions where we solve each others problems. What if we simply said, 'Thank you for sharing. Now lets go before the throne. Let's allow the Holy Spirit to intercede according to the will of the Father.'  Or when someone ‘shares’ some juicy tidbit as a 'prayer request' - immediately invite the ‘sharer’ to pray with you for that party.  Never verbalize a prayer request for a third party that you haven’t already prayed for in real time. I ask myself - 'Do I seem to pray most when I am wanting something from God or am I mostly worshiping and expressing gratitude?'  I love praising through the Psalms! I try not to miss those shared  moments of joy or need that pop up unexpectedly during the day - as opportunities to speak directly to God together.  This is what God has taught me.

No comments:

Post a Comment