Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Yeah, like that.

We met at 6am for prayer and that’s exactly what we did. “Let’s pray,” He said.  And we prayed before we even shared prayer requests. Who DOES that?  Our prayers brushed heavenly places. We focused on God, worship, praise and gratitude. It struck me that this hadn’t followed the usual pattern of laying out needs and offering expert opinions and then explaining to God just how He should best go about solving them - then pray that He’ll follow the script. :) Doesn’t  prayer often feels like we are explaining to God how He should be running the world and oh by the way - here’s my list while You’re at at? Shouldn’t it be more like - “You’re God! Wow! Through Christ I get to draw near to the infinitely good and all powerful Creator and Redeemer Who loves me. Wow! God is in the room! This is a holy moment. I need You more than life itself. Let me count the ways that You have deeply satisfied me and have fully engaged our world. Awaken my soul to join You.”  A God-drenched moment in a God-drenched day, in a God-drenched world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment