Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Don't want to miss the glory!

 I have no illusions (or delusions) about being cool.  I’ve read some cool guy pastor blogs. I’m not that. :) But I am compelled by two ideas. 

#1. We live in a God drenched world and that everything that happens comes from the hand of God for our good.  Watch with me for God’s hand - in the smile of a child, the thunder of a storm, the glory of a sunrise - and also in the sorrow of a broken heart and the angst of an insecure future.  When we watch for God's hand we live in the awareness of His care. Don't miss the glory. Magnify God in the ordinary with me.

#2. I am called by God to shepherd Aspen Ridge Church. Sometimes I feel like a broken record saying over and over - ‘You should be in church on Sunday.’ - or ‘We missed you at small group this week.’   I am torn between the prophetic and pastoral. But I want to do more encouraging and less admonishing.  So I am purposing to blog regularly, to use this medium to encourage connection in the living body of Christ called Aspen Ridge Church. You are the long arm of Aspen Ridge!  And we are better together.

2 comments:

  1. Great insight and introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you blogging!!! I've read back to this start, and I'm impressed as I usually am with you Dean. Great start to this, especially this first one. I love it. I'll pray that you'll continue to be able to find the glory in the ordinary, and to encourage connection. I miss seeing you regularly brother, and we need to talk soon. Things are really happening here in some new directions for Carole and me. It sounds like things are well with you and all the fam! I think of you often.
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete