Thursday, June 14, 2012

Little house on the prairie

One Tuesday night near Peyton. The 10 mile ride through the prairie was a promising start. The welcome greeting shouted from the porch as I arrived, brought a smile.  Slowly the small  room filled with laughter, warmth, and 12 souls.  The oldest was 65 and the youngest 16.   The topic was prayer, the Lord's - from Matthew 6:9-13. The fellowship was palpable.  Discussion was lively.  Lightness mixed with insight. Interaction with quietness. Prayer following the study was genuine, unhurried and meaningful. Some who spoke little prayed with wisdom and familiarity beyond their years. Outside, climbing aboard my bike, I am so thankful that I have come. God's presence is inescapable and refreshing.  It reminds me of last Sunday’s worship service.  So we gathered in a little house on the prairie on a Tuesday night and discovered God in the midst of a busy week, for a daily adventure called life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment