Monday, June 18, 2012

To Parvomay and back

My friend Zhaco called me from Parvomay, Bulgaria.  I’ve known him since he helped move us into our house in Falcon, CO two summers ago.  He was just another guy moving boxes until he pulled me aside and in excellent english started talking about God. I discovered a wonderful brother from another culture.  I saw him the next summer but he won't be back this year. He calls me occasionally to talk and pray. He told me about how he started a youth group in his church. He told me of his mentor Dancho's daughter, Vanya, and her lymphoma and surgery in Germany. He asked for prayer and hesitantly for help defraying the costs. He said, ‘She prays all night for people in our church by name. The whole church is fasting and praying for her.’ I asked where he was working.  He said, ‘There are no jobs. When there are jobs you have to know people and I have only God.’  He joined me as we laughed out loud at the irony in - 'I have only God'. ‘I have a job interview June 20th for an embassy job. Pray for me,’ he said.  He described his youth group. ‘Young people are praying, fasting, asking, and sacrificing because they love God. They want to know Him.’ Zhako enriches my life and raises my desire to know God. I pray with him; for Vanya, for his church, for my church, for his job and his youth group. I pray for God to do amazing things.  I am the long arm of Aspen Ridge Church and so are you!     

No comments:

Post a Comment